Friday, September 7, 2012

Cleaning Your iMAC Keyboard

I love my iMac keyboard - the white clean streamline look, the soothing 'clicking' sound while you are typing away and also the ease and comfort with its 'flat-ness'... if you know what i mean.
The only thing is that it gets dirty really easily.  I contemplated buying a keyboard guard, but at the ridiculous price of SGD 40+ for that thin piece of plastic - no thank you. Plus, i'm not sure whether it affects the typing feel.  So naturally after a couple of months - my keyboard got greyer and greyer  - not the lovely pristine white as before.  and the grime was super distracting (for me!).



[caption id="attachment_79" align="alignnone" width="870"] can you see the specks of grey?[/caption]

Figured that since the marks on the keyboard were probably due to the oils from our fingers - I thought maybe the kitchen cleaner might just do the trick....and it did!  Check out the before and after photos below!  and now - my keyboard looks as good as new!   plus - it's darn easy to wipe of the grease!  didn't even have to use any force.  I just lightly wiped it across the keyboard!

[caption id="attachment_80" align="alignnone" width="313"] Magic Clean to the rescue! It's formulated to target grime, which was what was making my keyboard dirty.[/caption]

[caption id="attachment_81" align="alignnone" width="870"] check out the key 'J' - top left was wiped a little - see how clean it compares to the rest of the key! and see the dirt marks on the number '7'![/caption]

[caption id="attachment_82" align="alignnone" width="870"] ta-da! all nice and clean now!:)[/caption]

No comments:

Post a Comment