Saturday, September 15, 2012

soap dispenser - you may wanna note if you are buying a metal pump one!

i was on the hunt for a soap dispenser for a couple of months.   before, i always thought it was strange why one would need a soap dispenser - after all, the soaps all come prepacked in the plastic pumps already - wasn't a soap pump unnecessary?  ha...now i know better!  cos' very simply - soap pumps look prettier than the plastic ones!

I was trying to be eco-friendly and reduce the wastage by buying refills, and the plastic container just didn't look pretty.  Remember the quote by William Morris?



so it took me many months before i finally found a pretty yet decently priced one at SQ FT at Tampines Mall.  It met my requirement of being less than SGD 15!  Still I hesitated for a bit cos' it's  not exactly a necessity, then I thought 'hey! it's been on my mind for months, and now that it appeared before me - I should not do myself a diservice by ignoring it!'

so i bought this pretty little dispenser.:)

[caption id="attachment_161" align="alignnone" width="376"] pretty huh! i chose the red for the burst of color - just gives you that little bit of energy in the morning!:)[/caption]

it works really well and pumps very nicely, and the color is great!  Thing is...after I poured the soap in - there is a very strong metallic smell...which puts me off cos' i have a nose of a dog sometimes.

VERDICT? 

  • i LOVE everything about it!  good price, looks good, nice color.

  • BUT the soap reacts to the metal pump and smells bad.   I googled and couldn't find much information - the only one that mentioned the metallic smell said it seems like it's the fragrance in the hand soap that reacts with the metal.


if you have a SUPER nose, you may wanna take note.  but if you are not bothered by smells generally (my husband can't really detect any smell, but it's too strong for me!) - then a metal pump one would probably work fine for you.   If you have a super nose, then maybe better to get a plastic pump or if you are using organic soaps - i think should be okay metal or plastic (let me know please!)

so now  I can either buy a new dispenser that has plastic pump (not so keen) OR buy a soap that doesn't have fragrances and is probably better for our skin anyway.

undecided....so in the meanwhile, i went back to my plastic pump.  sad. i love the red pump and still leave it on my sink! next to the ugly plastic one. haaa....

No comments:

Post a Comment